Monday, February 26, 2018

If At First You Don't Succeed ...


My old AWFC favourite Jordan Nobbs sends in a header near the end of the recent FA Cup game vs Millwall Lionesses. The first photo shows the looks of anticipation on the faces of the attacking team, and the looks of trepidation on the defenders' faces. The second photo shows Jordan's disappointment as the ball misses the goal, and the release of tension for the defence.

This past weekend my beloved QPR had a terrible time vs Nottingham Forest. I was all the more dismayed as it was the first match ever attended by my beloved LL. We lost 2-5 in possibly the worst performance of the season. After the game, as LL consoled me, I reminded myself that this was only one game, and there would be another, and thus another chance. It's one of the best things about a sporting competition - that there will be another encounter, another opportunity.

Sometimes it doesn't work out. That's no reason to quit. The old adage is, "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again." Once Jordan is back from her current injury, there will be many more headers and shots on goal. QPR play again away to Aston Villa on Saturday. And I need to pull up my socks and tackle some tasks that currently feel impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment