Wednesday, February 28, 2018

A Sheldon Moment



"The Reform Rabbi", R B Kitaj
Listening to the Robert Elms show this morning, there was a discussion of an upcoming exhibition at the Tate Britain:  All Too Human:  Bacon, Freud and a century of painting life. They mentioned R B Kitaj, and Robert spoke about Jewish painters and how he lives near Frank Auerbach. I felt compelled to shoot off an e-mail about Kitaj also being Jewish and how he painted my dad, and Robert read it (https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05wjttl   starting at 52:18 - can be listened to until the end of March). 

It was kind of cool to hear Robert Elms say I am a friend of his, although I did immediately remember in TBBT when Sheldon meets Professor Proton (c. 1:15 in):

"a friend would've told me about the elevator!"


No comments:

Post a Comment