Saturday, January 03, 2015

What is Wrong With This Picture?


Ready to be eaten!

I've always loved Ribena. I've also been a vegetarian since I was 11. Nobody mentioned, however, that  I need to watch what I drink as well as what I eat. Have you seen any Ribena ads recently (here is an example)? Look at all the jolly blackcurrants just dying to get into the bottle. They've been anthropomorphised to make them appealing, like cute little kiddies … and all they want is to be part of our pleasurable experience, i.e., drinking the little darlings, i.e., ingesting and digesting them. Unless they expect to come out whole the other end of my colon, this means bye bye berry.

The ad that first made me think about this was for butter, and featured a butter man flying a butter plane straight into a baked potato. Maybe it's ok for a carnivore to eat a butter human but this veggie couldn't bear it. I searched online just now for that old ad but could not find it. However, the Country Life butter ads aren't much better. Here's one where the men made of butter make sandwiches with butter and enjoy them heartily. Isn't that cannibalism? And here's a Lurpak ad that ends with the guy actually spreading himself on the bread. Che schifo!

I hate it when people don't think things through. Rant over. And to say sorry, here's a good old-fashioned butter ad complete with earworm.

No comments:

Post a Comment