Sunday, February 25, 2007

tonight, tonight ...


less than eleven hours to go until the oscars. i am not including the red carpet bit, which i find rather boring. about 25 years ago, my parents were driving me to uni for the first time. in the car, we were listening to an audiotape i had found in the 1ukp bin. it was joan rivers, and my mother remembered going to hear her in the village when i was a baby. there was one joke that made us laugh so much we nearly went off the road. ms rivers talks about how you have to make your children feel guilty so when they grow up they will never leave you. she says that her method was to go into her daughter's room in the middle of the night, wake her and say: 'melissa, you ripped me to shreds. now go back to sleep.' i guess it worked, and that is my main reason for lack of interest in the red carpet.

meanwhile, no predictions, just anticipation. i can hardly wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment